My church family lost a friend this week. They were tragically killed in an accident. My heart aches for the family and I think it must be getting close to the return of the Savior when I personally know so many good people being taken home. I am sure they are busy on the other side fighting for and helping us. There are people trying to live good lives in the world and people out to hurt others...We simply can not be on both sides. I am grateful for the many wonderful and good people in my life...from all walks of socioeconomic, religious, racial and political backgrounds. I love the people that have lifted and influenced me through their goodness.
My friend shared this quote awhile back
There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it hardly behooves any of us, to talk about the rest of us.
--Edward Wallis Hoch
We are human, we make mistakes...if we are going to speak of someone...let it be uplifting. If we have nothing uplifting...strive to say nothing. I am guilty of not always saying nothing...but I want to work on that this year. My mom used to say, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
#343 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...The powerful influences for good in the world come from him. When we give in to the natural goodness inside of us...great things happen.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment