Friday, January 7, 2011

Quotes I fancy...

For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought.~~Edmund Spenser

**Have you ever lost something? I have swept the house, looked with a fine tooth comb. Once I found a game piece that had been lost two years. Nothing disappears...although at our house some things do land at the dump...Baby is always jamming things in the trash cans.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
~~William Shakespear
**This of course is about love...but it applies to all things. My father's inability to show me love does not remove my love or concern for him...love stands the test of time and distance. If something does not stand the test...it wasn't love...it may have been something else...BUT LOVE IT WAS NOT.

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke
(evidently the credit to this quote is in question...but the quote itself is still one of my favorite)

**WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR SOMETHING, OR WE WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING!!!

The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home.
~~William Wordsworth

**I feel the pull toward heaven...That is how I know I am not alone!

#359 Reason I see the hand of God in my life...Poetry. I love poetry, I always have. When I read the thoughts of great men and women, I see in them, something divine...something that came with them that was in them at birth. Those gifts undoubtedly come from God. Somethings are true whether some believe them or not.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!!!

No comments: