On a Saturday, twelve years ago this weekend I married a man. He was a good man. He was funny. He was kind. He was smart. He was a hard worker. But REALLY, I had NO idea what I was getting myself into. I said "Yes" after 10 weeks, and married him after dating a little over 6 months. Don't gasp...WE ARE STILL MARRIED...and I know a lot of people that got married when we did that are divorced...though they dated LONGER...so longer dating is not the secret to longer marriage.
Why do I share the Forest Gump...chocolates quote???
Imagine your 3 favorite flavors/kinds of gourmet chocolate...and not just any chocolate...German or Swiss chocolate...the kind you can't ship because at the touch of fingers it melts and it plays music in your mouth. Now imagine you get a box of chocolates...it looks like any other box. New, nicely wrapped...appealing...but there is always the trick that you don't KNOW what you are getting. We used to poke a hole in the bottom of chocolates to see what they were as kids...
Now stay with me...you open this box and every chocolate you try is one of your three favorite chocolates, each melts in your mouth with an almost symphony delight and you think...Life can't get better than this.
Yep...That is my husband. He isn't perfect. He is a big fat tease. He tickles me sometimes when I don't want him too. But he is the best box of chocolates I have ever opened. And as if it can't be possible...he gets sweeter, and better with time. Don't get me wrong...there are days I want to shake my fist at him! But he is the best, best box of chocolates for me. I am sure grateful that I picked such a great box!
#338 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...at 18 my friends were getting married and dropping like flies. I was discouraged...and it grew with each year. But then I met my sweetheart. My life would never be the same. I am neurotic and he still loves me...No one could have made him that perfect for me...no one but God! Thank you Heavenly Father for the wonderful match made in heaven.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
2 comments:
This is a super sweet post (in two ways). I'm so glad you guys are the perfect box of chocolates for each other. I totally get what you said about how all our friends were all getting hitched and feeling like " where's my turn? And WHEN?" So I really liked this post. And happy 12 years. Ours is coming up in June. Love you guys!
Mmmmm . . . chocolate . . . . : )
Post a Comment