Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ouch Mommy...It REALLY hurts!!!

Ok I think I might have failed as a mom this morning. My 5 year old woke me up and said his leg hurt "so bad" that he couldn't walk. Being the stellar "dr. MOM" that I am...I said get up here and I will rub your leg a minute. I figured it was a charlie horse. He said thanks and I sent him on his way. But an hour later (when I was out of bed) he said it was still hurting, and he could barely limp around. UGH!

Upon further examination (actually LOOKING at the leg) I found that his whole knee was swollen. Opps! So I called the doctor and they had him RUSH in so I could WAIT 20 minutes in the waiting room...YOU KNOW THE "WAITING ROOM...MINIMUM WAIT POLICY" don't want to break any rules LOL. He was examined (why I DON'T KNOW...they really should send swollen legs to XRAY 1st)...then I was sent to X-Ray and they wrapped him in an ACE bandage incase it wasn't broken and needed one. The X-Ray showed no break. Thank heaven...this is a kid that NEVER slows down...A cast would have been impossible. But they think he bruised it badly. All in the fun morning routine of a MOMMY! If you have boys you understand this routine completely as it occurs several times a year ;)

#346 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Our bones miraculously heal...you may have a different opinion...but I am grateful HE made us perfectly, even down to the healing part.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

CraftyBox said...

Ouch indeed! I wish him a quick recovery. You didn't fail as a mommy in my opinion. You used your previous experience that it was probably nothing serious, plus it was the middle of the night, lol. If anything, you excelled as a mommy because you still comforted him, rather than saying "it's nothing, go back to bed" and then took him in ASAP when it looked bad once you were awake.

This is me reminding you that you're a good mom!