Today we got the whole house picked up. Bedrooms were put in order. My linens were changed, the children will have to wait until Monday. Dishes were done and the dishwasher was run, and emptied. It is ready to be loaded again, and as in most big families, there is already a sink of dishes to load in it. The children had a birthday party, which required a quick store trip to get a present. The party was great but water was involved. So the children returned soaking wet and took early baths before Sunday...so my morning would be easier tomorrow. Then they slipped into PJ's and I told them the rest of the afternoon could be reserved for movies and games. They are keeping entertained. I swept and scrubbed the kitchen, entry and hall floor on my hands and knees...because birthday parties with pina coladas=sticky floors! But man those pina coladas were YUMMY!
Daddy is off working out and I just hit the shower and got dressed...Finally! My neighbors probably wondered if I would ever get out of the ugly house dress they had already seen me in yesterday ;)
Now I am waiting on my honey to get home, cleaned up and we will get the sitter so we can have some needed time ALONE! Just for a bit, then we will head home to try and get a good night sleep...because SUNDAY...is a pretty busy day around here too. (different busy, but busy none the less).
All in all, it has been a great day so far! I love Saturdays, something about them makes me feel so accomplished and ready for the next new week!
#254 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Saturdays are the chance he gives us to put the last week to rest, whether it was good or bad, and start the new week fresh! I love the chance for a new week!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
2 comments:
WHEW...I'm pooped just reading this!!
I did a little linky party with your post on my post :)
http://www.themudmom.com/2011/04/snuglyis-that-word.html
Post a Comment