Sunday, April 17, 2011

Darling #2's fantabulous day...

info coming in the morning...the day was so amazing I am exhausted!!!

Today was a wonderful day! We had some family in town. My son woke up to many birthday wishes. There was love, hugs, family, friends...there was Church services, lunch, Chicken Salad, watermelon, and a Ginormous Chocolate Birthday cake. Shared by Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and Friends.

What a day!

And then it continued. We loaded up in cars and drove to one of our church buildings where our sweet 8 year old son had chosen to be baptized on his birthday (like his dad, cousins and some aunts and uncles had all done on THEIR 8th birthdays...nothing like keeping with old traditions). The feeling in the room was one of love. We were missing some faces we wish could have joined us. A lot more family was waiting at the building, but not all the family could be there...(they live all over the US). In all we had 94 people, the room was a little warm :)

My sweet son asked me to give a talk on baptism, and I was a little (well a lot) nervous, and tried to talk him into picking someone else...but he ASSURED me I would be just fine. I did feel the sweet spirit in the room and I believe even the loving support of my mom who is beyond the veil. I spoke of the importance of character and the kind of characteristics that help us come closer to our Heavenly Father, like Love, Kindness, Sincerity, Diligence...so many things that my sweet son has already developed. We are very pleased with him, and with his choices.

He was baptized, followed by him being confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a sweet and beautiful day. And so full of LOVE!

But that is not all, no that is not all (in the words of Suess)...
We then jetted over to our darling daughter's piano recital. She had prepared for a year. Her music was perfect and beautiful. I loved it! I loved being there and feeling of the peace that music brings into our lives. I love her and we were again so pleased with the choice of one of our children to be consistent, and to practice so she could use her talents and bless us all. She played all the music after her brother was baptized while we waited for him to get dressed. It was awesome!

So all in all...Phenomenal day! You know those perfect, busy, wonderful days that the very best memories are made from.

#267 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...That overwhelming, in my heart, joyful feeling. Oh how I love it. I felt his love yesterday, again, and again and again!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

The Mudmom said...

CAN'T WAIT :)

SpencernAmy said...

As much as I hated missing it, it's a really good thing we didn't make the drive. Sammie started throwing up yesterday. : ( I hope it all went well!