Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter! He lives!

On my mission, the mission President would often say, Without Easter, there would be no celebration of Christmas. We love eggs and we love presents. But my husband and I also work very hard to instill the REAL meaning of Christmas and Easter in our children's hearts. Both Holidays are about GIVING and RECEIVING. But they aren't about Receiving presents and Giving Eggs...It is the opposite. They are about giving during Christmas. Like the wisemen brought gifts to the Christ child, we all can offer gifts of ourselves to the Savior and our Heavenly Father. We can love, lift, serve, mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort. True religion is not putting others down, or finding fault with beliefs. It is building on common ground, it is lifting, loving, and serving. So at Christmas we should think MORE of giving than of receiving. Easter however is VERY different. Easter SHOULD be a time of receiving. We should receive the Savior Jesus Christ into our hearts and our lives. We should receive the gift of his resurrection and His atoning sacrifice. The price was already paid for the present. It is up to us to open and apply it daily. I am so grateful for the gifts that have come into my life. But no gift out shines out does the gifts of Easter. The babe in Bethlehem would have been just another child of God, like all of us...if it had not been for his atoning sacrifice, his suffering, death and glorious resurrection. For all of it I am humbled and I am grateful.


My dad was cleaning out an old computer and found this poem. I don't know when I wrote it, but I thought I would share it. I hope you all had a beautiful Easter. And no matter how differently we all celebrate the day, I hope inside you find a peace in the promise of the resurrection!


#260 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life: The Glorious Resurrection of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.



I feel the spirit gently comfort me

And wounds that others could not see

Are bandaged up with loving care

Reminding me the Savior is there

He answers us when'er we ask

No matter how small or large the task

It may not be what we wish to hear

But soft and kind he will draw near

And give us direction from above

Lifting us up with his constant love

Teaching us each what we can do

As covenants weekly we renew

As we reach out to one in need

We'll see the fruit of this seed

Giving service great or small

Following the Savoir of us all

Being an example of his life

Helping others through strife

Looking outward heals our heart

Making someone else feel part

Christlike service is the best way

To feel forgiveness every day

by: me ;)

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!



1 comment:

SpencernAmy said...

I love it! you inspire me.