Soul Surfer is about courage, trust in God, and faith. Bad things happen to good people, I say it all the time. And it is true. I don't even have to look past yesterday. Just Yesterday my good friend that I grew up with, one of my brother's best friends, past away while waiting for a kidney transplant. He was a giant of a man, and a big teddy bear. I will miss him. Bad things happen to good people. If that was the end of the story, life would basically suck. But that is not the end. And even in sorrow and tragedy, God finds ways to bring comfort, love and purpose to those around us if we seek for how we can lift others. If we have lost someone, we can reach to those who have lost someone. In this movie what the main character lost is not nearly as important as what she found. She found that with God, nothing is impossible. I for one, get down on myself. And the first year without my mom I was pretty useless. But I did not want that to be the legacy she left me...so now I have a voice and I am going to use it. I think she would be proud. I often hope she gets a glimpse of this blog. Thank you Bethany Hamilton for being strong, having courage, and trusting GOD! You are an inspiration and an example. So I highly recommend this...Two Thumbs up!!! Way up...Hang 10~ If you were already going to see this...don't even watch the trailer...I think it gives too much away. But if you are on the wall...trying to make the decision...go ahead and watch the trailer...then GO WATCH THE MOVIE! Well worth your time! And money!!
#272 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Even when we feel like giving up, He never gives up on us!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
That looks so good! I loved the book.
Post a Comment