Well I actually got my April Fools' joke in early this year. I reposted a little ditty that my friend had posted about "expecting". For those that didn't read to the bottom about the hot weather we were expecting...they assumed that the "expecting" was ME...expecting that I was pregnant. Ok, that was the whole point of my status update, I admit it. But I did misjudge when I assumed that all people read the ENTIRE status update before commenting. I received a variety of responses including floods of congratulations, all the way to threats from close friends and family that did not appreciate hearing about my pending pregnancy on facebook, and appreciated it even less when they found out it was a joke. Someone even said I should have saved it for today. The day for those kinds of things! Well, I am not expecting... actually I am expecting warm weather again, but I am not expecting any pitter patter of little feet at home, besides the ten little feet that belong to the five little children I already have, and all the feet that belong to all their friends that come to play.
I was trying to think of some April Fools jokes from years past. But truly I am pulling a blank. In junior high I think my friend "monkey"...his nickname...said your shoes were untied and I looked (naturally)...only to remember as he shouted "April Fools" that I had donned slip ons that morning. I think the worst April Fools would be waking up to live the same day over and over...but they decided to title that nightmare "Ground Hog's Day"...one of my favorite movies. I love Bill Murray. So for all you pranksters...anyone have a great April Fools joke you would like to share. We are all ears.
#282 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...sense of humor...He has to have one, he made all of us ;)
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment