Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Flag...

Today my family played a little game in the car on our way home from dinner. We counted flags. American Flags more specifically. We started at one end of town and as we drove across town I was surprised to see how few flags there were. Do you remember when 9-11 hit? Do you remember what this country looked like? There were flags in front of every building. There were flags hooked to cars and from antennas.

I am ashamed to confess we are among the majority that were not honoring our country, that were not honor our flag and the men and women that daily stand for our freedoms, fight for our freedoms, sacrifice for our freedoms. We were not honoring those who lost loved ones that infamous day, or all the fallen loved ones ever before or ever since that battle to keep us free. I confess we WERE among those in the majority, NOT Flying a flag. But my good husband remedied that today and I thank him for his patriotism and his desire to fly the flag. It is beautiful, waving in front of our home. So I CHALLENGE you...Do you have a flag? Do you fly it? Do you? If you don't change that. Stand for the freedoms you enjoy. Honor those that sacrifice to keep us free.

#268 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Freedom...it don't come free!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

The Mudmom said...

Guess where I'm going on Monday? Yep to take your challenge. I'm going to buy a flag and fly it at our house. I'll take a picture and blog about it :) THanks for reminding me about freedom and country.

btw: just typed my lesson on my blog and scheduled it for 12:01 am. Hopefully that will give you a feel for what I originally went in the trenches with. I may have to add to it if something different happens which usually is the case.