Thursday, April 14, 2011

Family...Isn't it about time?

Tonight one of my brothers came into town with a niece and nephew. I have another brother and his family coming, grandparents are coming, aunts and uncles...and we are celebrating my son's 8th birthday and also he has chosen to be baptized on his birthday. It will be quite an eventful and wonderful weekend.

The great and the sad events of our lives bring those we love together. But it is the moments, the time, the love that binds us. The events are just a catalyst...but the hugs and the affection, the listening ear, the tender moments and the hours of rehearsed memories...that is what connects us eternally.

My brother and I talked until 11pm. We didn't want to stop talking but his son was very tired. His daughter is staying the night and still in my daughter's room giggling, and coloring/drawing together. I love the joy that family brings. Most of my family are spread all over the country...but when I get to hug them in person, it is a great blessing!

#270 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...FAMILY...isn't it about TIME!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

The Mudmom said...

Hooray for family time and HOORAY for #2's weekendd and boo for me not being able to be there but HOORAY for SUMMERTIME!!! :D

Christine said...

Yes...AND HOORAY FOR THE AWESOME PRESENT YOU SENT!!! And HOORAY for the awesome lesson you are going to give tomorrow!!! :)