Friday, April 15, 2011

The Real McCoy...

There was something on Yahoo today about Milli Vanilli...you know the EXPOSED as lip syncing wonders :) and that got me thinking about Vanilla...Vanilli...led to Vanilla. Then I contemplated REAL Vanilla compared to imitation Vanilla. I have always used the real stuff. WHY? Because my mom taught me it was better. My amazing CHEF of a friend, EP was reminding me of this truth the other day when she gave me tips to doctor up a store box cake to make it taste almost homemade...of course if I could drive to EP's house daily then I wouldn't need this...but the 75 minute drive necessitates me needing a fix inbetween visits ;)

Anyway...all this Vanilla got me thinking about people.
Are you the real deal?
Do your insides and your outsides match? (Now I am not talking about when you look in the mirror and you feel 18 but look...well...NOT 18). I mean the inner spirit and the outer actions. Are you in harmony with you? Or are you using cheap imitation vanilla? It is something to think about! We all do it from time to time. But we sell ourselves off cheaply if we aren't true to ourselves and to others...If we don't offer The REAL McCoy, the REAL Vanilla...we are selling ourselves short. So be the REAL DEAL! God made you, and HE LOVES YOU! You are His Child! I love my friends, but the ones I am closest too, I can be the REAL McCoy around, and visa versa!

#269 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life: He helps me to be the Real McCoy!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

PS. Happy Birthday Grandpa B...I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU! Wish you were still here to give a birthday hug too!

1 comment:

The Mudmom said...

I would need some earthy, hippy store filled with flowy skirts and shirts that fit...well NOT size 2 girlies. Then I would match on the outside and inside. Tee Hee

I know you weren't talking about clothes but vanilla took me to cooking which took me to camp-out cooking which took me to the earthy hippy inside me. Hmmm now I'm on sewing my own clothes... STOP THE MADNESS!! LOL