Monday, April 4, 2011

Soap Free Part 2

So this whole Soap Opera thing has got me thinking...
Can you remember a TV show that ended happily? I will name a few of my favorites:
Lost...what do I even say about it? I am still mad...and there are at least 100 unresolved issues!
Moonlighting...season after season of love hate relationships...no really good ending.
Remington Steele...Ok...I will give it to them, that one ended with them finally together after several seasons.
And for all you out there that watch Castle...Beckett and Castle are NEVER going to get married and live happily ever after.

I haven't given up on TV completely. Lately the children and I have been enjoying old shows like Bewitched, Little House on the Prairie and Pollyanna and Sound of Music.

Just remember unlike the movies and TV that are scripted by writers for ratings...
YOU and I are in control of our future. We choose the paths that lead to potential happiness and though others around us can influence our level of happiness, they can not truly rob it from us, unless we let them. Happiness is within and it is an individual choice. It can't be bought or sold. No shopping binge will find it. Often when we scurry around looking for "it", then it eludes us. But if you sit very still and be your best you, you will start to recognize happiness all around you. In the people that love you, in the blessings that surround you, even in the trials that strengthen you. I am grateful that no writer of tales determines my happiness. I wouldn't want to wait for years to kiss my sweetheart.

#279 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Happiness! I have found it...simply by looking all around me.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

***UPDATE...My dad reminded me of some shows we used to watch that were value centered and that we really enjoyed. ( Cosby, Everwood, Hart to Hart, Touched by an Angel, Star Trek, Pretender...and may I add: Waltons, Quincy, Highway to Heaven...all these were value centered) I want to emphasize that I am NOT saying TV is bad. I am however saying it doesn't represent REAL life and your life has the potential to be SO MUCH MORE than some of the train wrecks I have seen on Television. And much of that potential and momentum is determined by YOU and what YOU do with YOUR life. Remember...Make it a great day...only YOU can! ;)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What Beckett and Castle are never gonna get together??!! Just kidding, you are probably right lol. I loved all those shows too, and yes, my hubby and I are still very mad about Lost! I never did get to see the endings to the others though, but I fondly remember waiting for Tuesday nights to come when the A-Team, Moonlighting and Remington Steele would be on. I'm glad I have matured to a degree, I don't watch the strange real life tv shows...although Biggest Loser is inspiring :)

SpencernAmy said...

Wow! I got behind on your posts. And they are some great ones! Thanks for reminding me why we don't have TV (or reception anyway).
Love you!

The Mudmom said...

HaHa...I'm trying to sit here and remember if ANY TV show ever ended happily ever after. Don't even get me started on LOST, URG!

Seinfeld ended with them all in jail...not happy but they were laughing. LOL That's a good analogy, even though you may end up in jail, laugh at it. HaHaHa

Anyway, I totally agree. Plus, I think you know who has a controlling interest in what is put on TV so he is NEVER going to let those writer's write happy endings. YUCK, and how about all those CRIME shows...they keep getting more violent. I only know cuz my mom watches them.

I'm with you and Amy...no reception over here!!!