Sometimes you listen to a sentence and in it find a whole sermon...
Today my dad posted a quote from a TV show he watches. Ironic, I know with all the TV talk this week. But the quote was great: Stuart Chase said, "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."
Those who follow my blog know that a few months ago my faith and intentions were questioned. It stung because it came from someone that I had been friends with for over 20 years. But when I read this quote today immediately I thought of that situation. There are things in life that are true. Someone saying something isn't true...does not make it so. Just like saying a lemon is an orange does not make it sweet. And saying an orange is a lemon does not make it worthy of good lemonade.
One of my favorite quotes comes from a movie "City of Angels"... "Some things are true whether you believe them or not."
I have great faith. I have seen the hand of Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ work miracles in my life and the lives of people I love. But arguing with someone that I am a Christian, when they think I am not...is truly fruitless. Like the quote my dad shared this morning...Those who know me, know what I believe. Those who don't believe that I am Christian, there is no amount of words to convince them. I guess one day I will stand before the Lord...and really, isn't it up to HIM to decide ;) I know some people who have a completely different belief system altogether...who act more Christlike...than some people that proclaim to be following him. So I think it is safest to subscribe to that old addage in the scriptures... He who is without sin, cast the first stone. I know I won't be casting any.
#278 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...When someone or something gets me down...I feel strength, support and help from above. Sometimes I think I just can't make it through a trial, but then I cling to a piece of hope and it carries me through the rough and even the very rough spots. I am grateful for that help.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
clapping and hallaluya-ing over here :) Love those quotes and love to look up to your faith!!
Post a Comment