Before I went away to school and met my husband. I had a best friend that was of the male gender. We would watch late night shows after work, eat snacks and talk about everything. Cheers and Mash were a must and we laughed, cried and shared. I LOVE being married, but I do miss some of the male friends I lost along this new journey of wife and mother that I embarked on so many years ago.
Anyway, this dear friend sent me some beautiful flowers to celebrate a special occasion. On August 28th the flowers arrived. They were long stemed and a gorgeous pink. The next morning they were dead, they had totally killed over. It was complete craziness since they had water and the house wasn't too hot. I took them to the florist and the florist came back to the counter with a pale face. I will replace them, I have never seen anything like it. Do you know what they were? I said no. He replied, they were called Lady Di's. They were named after Lady Diana and they died the day she died. I just stood their and took the thought of it all in. He replaced the roses with a different kind and they lived the good steady 9-10 days that roses should live during summer heat. (I have since learned that Costco roses can live 2 full weeks...no doubt where my husband buys roses now ;)
But here were these beautiful flowers. They carried the name of the beautiful Diana. And almost in utter reverance of her life...they wilted. Diana's loss was saddening to me. Two boys left behind, so sad. I guess I have thought of it a lot this week with all the news and the paparazzi swirling around the newest royal couple. Some say, this is their life they should live with it. But should anyone be dealt the hand Diana was dealt. I do not know how the men that were chasing them that night for photos live with themselves. But I do know that the very flowers that carried her name, could not stand another day on earth, when the princess's light was dimmed too early. May she rest in peace. And may her son that just wed be blessed with real and true happiness, joy and prosperity that far surpasses the hurts of his younger years and the tragedy of losing his beloved mother.
#255 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life... Little things that happened to us...that bring so much perspective into the massiveness of eternity and our little but important part in that eternity.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment