Sometimes we MOTHERS forget the little noises like Laughter, Screaming, Screeching, and such are JOYFUL noises. We have a whole bag of "Shhhh" like they say in the Austin Powers movie (I know, I shamefully saw that). We keep a bottle of tylenol...or something similar. Or granolas...not that I am a total granola...keep a bottle of lavender oil...to soothe our heads from the pounding of the everyday life of children...on our temples. I don't live in a quiet house. But I am trying more often to sit back and enjoy the JOYFUL noises. You know the ones...like when a brother and sister are playing and laughing so hard the house rumbles. Or the baby is eating their first piece of chocolate and Squeals for more with absolute delight. The first loud giggles or the day the toddler discovers their voice....or better YET...their kazoo! Or EVEN better yet...DRUMS! At OUR house the piano is a joyful noise...but tell me how joyful you think it is to hear the SAME SONG...4000 times in one day??? OK a bit of an exageration, but not much. I will tell you though, when that SONG is played perfectly at their piano recital and you are proud as a peacock...suddenly the 4000 time piano headache melts away and is replaced with incomprehendable JOY! I KNOW THIS FIRST HAND! :)
So my goal this year, among the many goals I have been setting in trying to make a better me...is to LOVE the JOYFUL noises!
#266 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life... He gives us a joyful noise!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
thanks for reminding me...I have to do this more often too.
Post a Comment