We have been trying to come up with ideas to save for a trip to Minnesota to see some of our family. We figured out a way to save for a few months and get the money that we need. We are "trimming the fat" so to speak in every aspect of our existence. But it has been challenging and fun. I have a friend with four children. I watch them on occasion when she has to leave for work before her hubby is home. They are such good children so I started cooking up a plan. We talked and decided to trade babysitting so we could do some date nights without the cost of a babysitter. I had the children tonight...Yep...that is right...NINE...9... N I N E children. When ever I watch someone else's children they are hesitant...I hear "Are you sure?" a lot. But her children are great with my kids and we had a lot of fun. The stellar friday night plan consisted of pizza, followed by ice cream, a redbox movie (Ramona and Beezus...The character Ramona reminded me so much of my niece that will be getting baptized this year...it made me happy watching it), and games...oh and another movie for the little ones that couldn't play the game but couldn't fall asleep. We actually had a great time and I got a glimpse of what it is like to have 9 children and I can see how some people do it...NOT ME mind you...but some people! Some of my friends often ask..."How do you do it? How do you get everything done with five children." I respond, you just do it. You put one foot in front of the other and DO IT!" And by the way...Nike totally stole "Just do it"...President Kimball was saying DO IT! Long before Nike. I guess the athletic spin just made that one popular! I get up, I GO, I DO! And I love my kids. SN has been a great example to me this year with her goals...and I have tried really hard to not yelled at my kids. Today Darling #4 spilled almond milk all over himself. I had told him to be careful. I ran to him, hugged him, cleaned him up, and told him it was ok. When he was ok, I cleaned the floor. I sat there honestly SO pleased with myself. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. The old me would have freaked out...I don't really like her that much, the new me is so much better!
#301 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...I know I couldn't make some of the changes I have been making without HIM!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
GREAT JOB: nine, 9, NINE and no yelling!! Woot woot!
BTW: I've never heard you yell, I don't think you are capable. tee hee.
Post a Comment