Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sweet Sundays...

Today was a sweet Sabbath day. I am grateful for family and friends. I am grateful that even when I go to church, wrestle little boys, barely hear a thing and wonder what am I doing...this is an uphill battle. STILL...I get something out of it. I am lifted, edified, strengthened and touched.
Today some key points were about loving others IN DEED, not just word. We can say til the cows come home that we love someone. But true love, charity, the pure love of Christ and Heavenly Father is more than just lip service. It is a love that strengthens, supports, sustains, heals, fortifies and nourishes those around. It is genuine, compassionate, unconditional and eternal. Real love is not just a feeling it is an action verb. We want to do the best for and bring out the best in those we love. We don't seek for our own gain or comfort first. We seek first for the comfort of those we love. I have experienced this kind of love in marriage both on the giving and receiving end and it is a great blessing. But even more tender is the bond of motherhood I have felt in this life. The opportunity to act for God, to raise his son or his daughter and to love and cherish them. This is not easy when they dump the new salsa all over the kitchen floor or let the dog out to run through the neighborhood. Or especially when they do the unthinkable and pound on their siblings. But real LOVE surpasseth all understanding, all reason, all logic. The mind would say that person is being "unloveable", but the heart, the spirit knows better. Those are the times that the child needs an even greater outpouring of love. So this week I challenge you...LOOK for the chance to LOVE!

#287 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...The love my children give me! It is truly amazing!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: