Thursday, March 17, 2011

Squash....

Happy St. Patties Day! I sported my "I'm going green"...Green Shirt today. Makes me think of my fun family trip a few years ago with my mom, dad and a younger brother to Ireland and Scotland (although I preferred Scotland by far).
Ok...so enough about that...let's talk squash ;)

Today we planted some of our summer squash. I hope there isn't any more frost. I read several tips online about squash and not planting too much of it because it is so profilic and you don't want to have to run from door to door of your neighbors homes leaving annonymous bags of squash. Not that I won't be sharing with my neighbors. But I love squash. So does my family. So we will be planting a lot of it and hoping for a huge yield. Already planning to make some of my yummy soup and freeze, freeze, freeze! I think squash is one of my favorite vegetables. I look forward to finding many ways to use it all. And...if you live close...Want some squash?

#295 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...squash...it is so perfect. I watched videos on squash and how there is a male and female flower and the fruit has to be pollinated in order to grow. Then think of the bees, hummingbirds and such that help that process along. All the miracles of daily life...everything denotes that there is a God. I LOVE IT!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: