Well today we are the proud owners of a composter. We have NO idea what to do with it yet. But I am sure we will learn quickly. Our yard is quickly filling up with carrots, spinach, radishes, lettuce, snap peas, and beans. I have small tomatoe plants waiting to be transplanted in a few weeks. It is a wonderful experience to watch something grow. I didn't think I had a green thumb, but knock on wood, things seem to be going ok. I love the feeling of getting my hands dirty in some muddy soil and planting something! Woo Hoo! My mom would be so proud. She and my dad both taught us to grow things and I FINALLY AM :) Well I did grow five babies too...and that was NO easy task! Now I am growing food to feed those hungry little mouths. Child #2 is so excited...he can't wait to crunch one of our carrots! Gardening...a sweet joy!
#304 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...he has cultivated a desire in my heart to grow things...children and food. For both I am eternally grateful.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
Oh I am green with envy over here in frozen ville. I can't wait to plant a little garden this year. We are doing our yard so I don't know how much time I'll have but I am for sure going to at least do a little one.
I have been missing your weather because I so want to dig in the dirt. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. :)
Post a Comment