Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Success...

How do you eat an Elephant? My mom used to say: A bite at a time!
**(LOL...I stand corrected...My dad let me know that my mom got that from him, and he got it from my grandpa and ? hmmm...not sure whom he got it from ;) But my mom always told me that is how you eat an elephant ;)

How do you master writing? One assignment at a time!

I must boast today! I am so proud of my darling daughter. She has worked so hard. Studying all last year, last semester and all of this semester and spending a lot of time worrying about the State Writing Test. But she did a fabulous job and I am so proud of her! She was so happy to not have to write a "Response to Literature", instead this year, they had to write a summary.

I think she came home a million pounds lighter and floating with joy that it was DONE! Now we just need to get two kids through STAR testing in April and then it will practically be summer time ;)

I am so proud of all my children and the practice they put into learning. We can't master anything we aren't willing to practice. My mom used to retell a story about a man that went to see a great Violinist. After the concert he said to the violinist, "I would give my life to play like that." The Violinist replied, "I did!" We can not be truly gifted at anything that we don't do our best at, don't practice at. If at first you don't succeed...try, try again.

#309 reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...he gives us so many opportunities to grow and learn.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

GinaJ said...

Rob was dreading that writing test, too. He was so anxious he was up early for school that day, and he was super relieved to have it done!