Saturday, March 5, 2011

Once there was a snowman...

I am post dating this post...
I didn't write posts this weekend...

I DID however have a wonderful family time. I am a freak so you won't be reading about my weekends until I get back from them...because no matter HOW SECURE they tell me the internet is...I don't believe them.

We took a wonderful trip to a cabin this past weekend. There had been several feet of snow where we stayed but it wasn't snowing at all this weekend and the roads were clear. SO...we didn't need any chains. We had beautiful sun. We enjoyed SNOWBALL FIGHTS!!! We had a snowman building contest. There were three prizes and three snowmen. The Tallest, The Fattest, and the MOST FROSTY LIKE snowman. We had spaghetti one night and pot roast another. We went to church in a lovely little branch of the Latter Day Saints Church. There aren't a lot of members in the community there, but it felt like coming home. Everyone was warm, welcoming and what I expect from any where I have ever visited The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...in any community I have gone to...and that would be many. My parents raised us...that even if we were on vacation we went to church. And my children are being raised the same. I think I turned out ok ;) The weekend was glorious and we laughed and played games. There was a movie night and hot chocolate. YUMMM! I even took the air popcorn popper and we had popcorn. We saw squirrels, blue jays and woodpeckers, there were bunnies, but I didn't see them personally...that was it for wildlife...no complaints...I can live without seeing a bear anywhere but the zoo.

I am so grateful we got to go on this great trip. We needed the time as a family and it was wonderful!

#306 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life: One could not sit on the large wooden porch swing, looking out at several thousand pines reaching up to the heavens and not help but think...how amazing, how magnificent. Now...you can't convince me that anything less than the power of God put them there. I felt closer to Him in the mountains this week. I loved that feeling.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

The Mudmom said...

Love it...sounds like tons of family fun!!