Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sundays...

What a beautiful day it was!
We got the children up and went to Sunday Services at a small church branch in the mountains where we stayed this weekend. All the members of the congregation were so nice and friendly. But the best part was running into my friend's parents who now live in this mountain community. They used to live a few miles from where I grew up on a large vineyard. They had a huge tree that was like a giant umbrella top reaching to the ground. On a school field trip once, we went there and after a tour had a picnic under the tree. Many years later the tree was sadly lost. My friend and I are still connected...we all grew up together. But I hadn't seen her parents in over 20 years. So it was a joyful reunion. The first Sunday of most months in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...the meeting is opened up for people to share their testimonies of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father's plan, principles of the gospel and their conversion to it. The congregation was so small and there was a great deal of time so my husband and I both shared our testimonies. I shared the story of my mother's conversion which also brought my father back into the church. I can't get through the story without crying. I also shared how grateful I am for my eternal heavenly family...all of God's children...and especially the church family I grew up with...which included my dear friend and her parents...who were there. Later in the meeting, my friend's mom bore her testimony. She turned to me and said, I loved your mother. She was such a good woman. I have always felt it, but never gotten to tell you personally. I want to tell you I loved her, and she raised a good daughter. I was naturally crying. What a sweet and tender mercy that on our perfect weekend, God put them there to touch my heart. I KNOW...that isn't the only reason they are there. But they certainly touched my heart that day! I am grateful...Grateful to have such a peaceful and beautiful truth in my life, and grateful for the PROMISE of life with my mother again. I am grateful to KNOW that GOD keeps His PROMISES!!! ALWAYS!!! I miss her immensely...but I KNOW, what I KNOW...and it gets me through.

#305 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...I don't believe in coincidence...and I am grateful He is always blessing my path, like He did on this Sweet Sunday!!!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!!!

1 comment:

The Mudmom said...

You always get to have amazing experiences that testify that your mommy is watching over you!!

She's aMAzinG!!