Tonight I had the blessing of going out with some of our closest friends. Unfortunately my darling husband got detained on overtime and couldn't join the plans. But the three of us made the best of it and I enjoyed the whole evening. The food was delish! The conversation as always was fun, happy and like being "home". It is nice to have friends. Life gets so busy with bills, chores, and children that a break from reality really is the prescription of the day at times. I have been so blessed in my life with friendships that really are eternal, lasting, nurturing and fortifying. That isn't to say that I have never been hurt, and unfortunately (and not deliberately, but that doesn't excuse it...) I have hurt someone. But I have always tried to remedy those mishaps. And I am thankful for the friendships that last.
My friend EP had this on her wall the other day:
“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that
they can grow separately without growing apart.”
- Elisabeth Foley
Isn't that true. I don't need my hand constantly held to know "you" are there. But I am grateful to know, if I need you to hold my hand...YOU are there! Friendship...It is my #286 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life and I am SO GRATEFUL for it!
PS! Happy Birthday to our sweet puppy...she is one today. She was so sick as a baby that I didn't think she would get to this day. We are so grateful for the answered prayers and her being here.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment