
Really all the important things in life involve the giving of ourselves. Not the price tag presents, or the amazon deals...but merely our time. So why is it sometimes so hard to give our time to others. This weekend was a great blessing to me. I had the chance to be with some of my siblings...and we laughed, talked, reminisced about the past... and our funny stories could have gone on for days. But I was grateful for the few hours the we had together. Mom's popcorn, made on the stove in a cast iron skillet was a topic of conversation. The movie Jaws, which one brother let us watch when we were little, while he rewound and played the "scary" part about 20 times, until really, it wasn't scary anymore. Mom's blueberry muffins, dad staying up with the boys and playing a strategic board game, games in general growing up, food...lots of great food. But mostly we talked about LOVE! There was a lot of it in our house. There was enough to go around, and around, and around, and... well you get the idea. I am so grateful to have been raised with this kind of love. And I am so grateful when ever I get time with my siblings. They each have blessed, strengthened, and sustained me through many joyous and also sorrowful times. Thank you to each of them! And to parents who brought us all together.
#288 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...LOVE & FAMILY!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment