Thursday, March 31, 2011

Great kids...

I have great kids! I had a gift card for $10 to a local restaurant. It was going to expire and my darling husband didn't want me to lose the money. (It was a reward card not a gift card, gift cards don't expire in California). Anyway, I took the children to dinner and dessert. We had Blue Cheese Salad chopped, Garlic Cheese Toast, Pretzels and CHOCOLATE CAKE! It was so yummy and a really good time. But the best part was my awesome children. They were so good. I was so pleased with their behavior. I am talking almost perfect. The table behind us had several older men. At one point the baby was making a lot of "happy" noise and I didn't want him to disturb them, but there was NO hushing him. When we were wrapping up, the men went by our table to the salad bar. One leaned in and said you have the BEST (emphasized) behaved children. And it was true, they were the best behaved tonight. I always love my children. I am proud of their many accomplishments and their hard work. But tonight I was pleased as punch for the privilege of being their mother. It was a good day, NO an extraordinary day, in our "ordinary" life ;)

#283 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...He makes ordinary days feel like heaven...I think heaven will be the stringing together of ordinary days, but all the lovely ones, with no end to the loveliness. I could live this evening over and over again.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!

3 comments:

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Nice post! I had a time yesterday...we were all watching Tangled and my 3 youngest were determined to snuggle me on a little bean bag I was on. It was tricky and felt like arms, heads and legs were everywhere. That's when I realized how extraordinary it was. That these three beings wanted to be with me. I closed my eyes and just took it all in--hoping to keep the moment in my mind for the rest of forever. The things the world considers little are really the BIG things.

The Mudmom said...

I LOVE that he stopped to tell you and btw I think your kids are ALWAYS perfectly well behaved!! Even #3 ;) Do you know why they are? Because of their EXTRAordinary mommy!!! Have a great day. Love you, Love you!

Christine said...

Thank you both! And Oh how I love those little moments. Today was a hurricane evening. I told my husband they were the opposite of last night! But I really couldn't fully appreciate the good days without the other kind.