Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holy Cow...I'm Old! ;)

Did that capture your interest? Are you perhaps feeling OLD too? That whole "You're only as old as you feel" thing...not buying it!

I know, I know...I'm not "that" old. But I feel it today.

We (the children and I) got up this morning and did yard work for nearly 6 hours. We moved decomposed granite, we shoveled, we spread, we put together flower beds, we moved more dirt. But it felt great to get so much done. And mostly we did a bunch of stuff that my sweetheart would have to do on his day off next week. So now...we decided that we get him to ourselves. Did someone say PARK DAY? :) He was thrilled when he came home. The kids bestie "The daring one" was over and they worked so hard together. But we made it really fun too. The daring one was the "crew chief" and he was excellent at that position. They shoveled, ran, laughed and MADE SOME CASH$$. Then when they were all done I said. You all worked so hard I think we need to get slurpies and cookies. So off we went to 7-11! Yum. The daring one said...I will pay for mine (with the money he made...sweet guy). But I said, no, these are part of the reward. You save that for another day and dad can take you to get a treat. All the children were so appreciative...but NO ONE was more grateful than myself. They really did work so hard. I know because I did too...and I am EXHAUSTED! My mom said, "A job worth doing is a job worth doing well!" We sure did well today!

#296 Reason we see the hand of Heavenly Father in our lives...he teaches us so much through hard work. For me...today was the feeling of great accomplishment!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: