
We all need a place. Some where we can go. We all at times in life need a shelter from the storm. Life is a battle. It is waged on battle fields. But it is also waged in homes, and hearts, in souls that are broken or hurting. And when the hurt overwhelms us...We need a place. For some it might be the ocean, a hike, a cabin get away, a Marriott retreat, a trip to ColdStone. But take that time. An empty bucket fills NO cups. The Savior found His strength in goodness, in reaching out of himself. There is a lesson there as well. The giver finds more. But don't forget He nourished His own soul too. He turned to the Father in prayer. He sought help, comfort and love from above. And He was also blessed by the people that He served. Recently a friend did something nice for my kids, and I said, no you shouldn't do that. She sat me down and said "LISTEN UP!" I needed the reminder that we often serve, but it is important to allow others to serve us at times. That is one way we fill up our bucket...by allowing love into us. Another sweet friend lost her son in an accident this year. And what did she do at Christmas...She bought us Christmas presents. I felt bad at first, but we were so grateful, the children felt such joy, such love from her. I know her bucket is empty and low this year...but I hope my children's love fills it at times a little bit and eases a little of her hurt. We need to look out for each other. Life is hard, dang hard! There are so many that need love. I have not being very good in the past in loving the "unloveable"...the grumpy, the mean. But lately I am asking myself, "Why?" are they that way, and how could I ease their burdens? The Savior did not only love the church going, scripture readers. In fact, that is not who he hung out with. He hung out a lot with sinners. People like you and me that aren't perfect, but keep trying. The ones proclaiming false perfection, he actually called out! So when you get down, when life throws curves...Remember everyone needs a quiet haven from the storm. For me it is the picture above, not just the picture, but that place is a haven for me. Whatever your haven is, I wish you peace!
#291 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...when I am at the end of my rope, he brings comfort in the storm.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment