Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moms and Potatoes...

Today, Thanks to my good friend DP, I planted potatoes. She bought some to plant and shared with me.

I got to thinking. Moms and Potatoes have a little bit in common...
They both have eyes in the back of their heads.
They both sacrifice part of themselves to produce offspring.
Then they both give everything they have to their offspring until the day they die.
After a long shelf life...potatoes and moms (especially those with a few children)...are usually a bit wrinkly and spent.
If you think the outside is good...JUST wait til you get to the inside...that is the best part of both...potatoes and moms!
They both come in all kinds of shapes and sizes...no matter where you are...they are both a great addition to any party, dinner, or event.

So that is my deep insight for the day LOL...Moms and Potatoes ;)

#302 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...he gives us a sense of humor...it is a great asset.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

3 comments:

The Mudmom said...

I love that analogy! Now I'm curious as to how you plant potatoes?

Christine said...

We planted them in a bucket... But Lisa KJ and my dad both said that you can plant them in a tire. I don't know the details...my dad said two tires...then stack and plant again? Not sure...but sounds interesting. I don't have tires...so buckets did the trick ;)

pefmom5 said...

3 little taters in my bucket have sent up the prettiest little shiny dark green leaves. Signs that something is happenin' in there!! I'm going to let a few of the "red white and blue" costco potatoes sprout and try them too...Hey, Brooke needs 4 new tires! I think I might us that idea of KJs :)